There’s no better way to see in the new year than with a glass of bubbly in hand! To help you welcome in the new year, we’ve found some of our favourite Champagne cocktails perfect for this time of year!
Clementine Champagne Cocktail
Clementine’s provide a very festive flavour, and their vibrant colour helps to add a little seasonal cheer to your drinks. This drink involves making a delicious syrup from clementine juice, that is simply added to a glass of bubbly for a refreshing festive sip. The syrup can be made the day before so that it is quick to make on the big day! To make six servings, you will need:
1 bottle of Champagne or prosecco
The juice from 6 clementines
The juice from ½ lemon
100g caster sugar
- Gently heat the clementine and lemon juice in a pan with the 100g of caster sugar. Bring the mix to a simmer and stir continually until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat until the mixture begins to bubble and turn syrupy. Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge when it has cooled enough. If you make the syrup the day before, it can be left to chill overnight; however, it is still fine to make the syrup on the day, provided it has around an hour to cool.
- Serve the drink by pouring the syrup between six Champagne flutes and then topping up the drinks with a chilled bottle of bubbly. Give the drink a quick stir and it will be ready to drink!
Black Velvet Cocktail
A perfect option for fans of beer who are looking for a slightly classier option to sip on when the clock strikes midnight, Black Velvet is one of the easiest cocktails to make, simply combining stout with Champagne! To make one glass of Black Velvet, you will need:
- First, pour the Champagne into your glass. While you can use a Champagne flute, they may not be large enough to hold the drink, so a pint glass may be preferred. Alternatively, you can just fill your glass of choice halfway and then fill the rest with stout for a smaller glassful.
- When adding the stout, be sure to pour it into your glass of Champagne slowly. Drink up and enjoy!
New Year’s Cocktail
This special cocktail designed for New Year’s Eve celebrations will certainly help you use up any alcohol left over from the Christmas period! A mix of three different kinds of alcohol, this cocktail gives you an excuse to crack out your proper cocktail making kit! While a cocktail shaker isn’t strictly necessary, it certainly does make things more fun! To make 1 cocktail you will need:
120 ml Champagne
22ml ruby port
22ml orange juice
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour in the port, brandy and orange juice.
- Shake well before straining the liquid into a Champagne flute.
- Top the cocktail with the Champagne for a delicious fizz!
While we will look for any excuse to smoke a cigar, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day are some of the best occasions for enjoying a quality Montecristo cigar – so start your new year right!