For many years, Davidoff has had a connection to the world of food. Up until recently, that was largely through the Tour Gastronomique, a series of events centered around special cigars and select chefs, but that program was limited to Europe.
Last year, Davidoff collaborated with six chefs with a combined nine Michelin stars; this year it upped the game with five chefs with 16 stars between them, including one of the world’s most preeminent chefs.
- Thomas Keller (The French Laundry, Yountville, Calif., 3 Stars; Per Se, New York, 3 Stars, Bouchon, Yountville, 1 Star)
- Alvin Leung (Bo Innovation in Hong Kong, 3 Stars)
- Klaus Erfort (GästeHaus, Saarbrücken, Germany, 3 Stars)
- Heiko Nieder (The Restaurant, Zurich, 2 Stars)
- Shaun Rankin (Ormer Mayfair, London, 1 Star)
That cigar is once again a 6 x 54 toro, the same size as the last three Chef’s Editions. It uses a Dominican wrapper over a Mexican San Andrés negro binder and fillers from the Dominican Republic—piloto viso, San Vicente mejorado ligero and Yamasá viso—and visos from Estelí, Nicaragua.
Production is limited to 5,000 boxes of 10 cigars.
- Size : Toro Extra
- Origin : Dominican Republic
- Strength : Mild to Medium
- Wrapper : Corojo
- Ring Gauge : 54
- Length : 6″